Re: lenny d-i confused about disk detection

On Wednesday 09 May 2007 20:40, John Morrissey wrote:
> The local disks are detected without a problem; the /dev/sd* symlink is
> set correctly, and I can fdisk(8) the drives with no problem. However,
> the install displays disk-detect/module_select:
>
> No disk drive was detected. If you know the name of the driver needed
> by your disk drive, you can select it from the list.
> Driver needed for your disk drive:

It looks like the utility 'parted_devices' is not returning any output.
What do you get if you run that command on VT2 after the first time the
disk detection phase is executed?

What is the output of 'find /dev/discs/'

What is the output of 'fdisk -l'?

> Did an install component filter into testing recently that could have
> caused this?

No, AFAIK nothing has changed. However, the lenny installer is not really
stable at the moment because there are loads of changes all over the
place, so occasional breakage is not unexpected [1]. If you want a
reliable installer, I would suggest installing Etch and upgrading to
Lenny.

Cheers,
FJP

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/Today