Re: usplash in desktop task?

Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>         There is information presented to me durng
>  boot, which has some (perhaps marginal) value.  Pretty colors are
>  mostly contentless, so have _less_ value, at the very least, they
>  contribute nothing.

Actually, usplash exposes information that was not previously visible.
It displays a progress bar for the boot/shutdown sequence, so you can
see how far along in the seqeuence the system is. This is information
that is not available without usplash, unless you have the boot sequence
memorised. Mine has too many deamons started for me to do so, so I
appreciated usplash doing that.

(The progress bar has significant room for improvement, since it counts
each service as one step and some services take much longer than
others.)

It's probably counterproductive to argue more about usplash until you've
actually tried it; I see other statements in your arguments that are not
actually true of the way usplash works.

--
see shy jo