Re: usplash in desktop task?

[David Härdeman]
> unstable now has a recent version of usplash which supports user input
> (yay, cryptsetup passphrase prompts) and a new debian theme, so perhaps it
> would be a good idea to add usplash to the Desktop task?

I agree that this would be a good idea.  The version of Debian Edu
based on Etch already uses usplash by default, to reduce the confusion
when new users boot the system, and provide a less frightening boot
experience.  We also boot using the 'quiet' kernel option, to reduces
the cognitive strain on people watching the system boot and limit the
messages to mostly error messages.

Friendly,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen