Re: usplash in desktop task?

David Härdeman wrote:
> The 15-sec timeout are not really bugs in the sense that they'll degrade
> anything (it just doesn't look pretty).

Having a system that randomly[1] flips out of the pretty graphics that a
user has come to expect and into some text mode thing that might as well
look like the system crashed, is not a particuarly good thing.

[1] Due to a DVD being in the drive, dhcp taking longer than expected, a
    DNS lookup having to timeout, etc.

> I think the biggest issue to
> solve here is fsck (and I think it could be solved with some shell
> trickery).

If you mean detecting a fsck and handling it somehow, and dropping the
15 second timeout, I agree.

--
see shy jo