Re: usplash in desktop task?

On Tuesday 08 May 2007 18:07, Christian Perrier wrote:
> If so, I vote for it to be part even of default installs, at least on
> platforms that support it. Beginning with the desktop task is
> certainly good, anyway.

What does this do for serial console boots?
What does this do for older hardware that do not support this by default?
What use is boot splash on servers?

See for example Martin Krafft's blog:
http://blog.madduck.net/debian/2007.05.08_a-lesson-learnt.xhtml

I'd vote against making this default anyway; if I wanted Windows like
obscurity of what my system does, I'd stayed with Windows and not
switched to Linux.

Cheers,
FJP