Re: Debian 4.0 and VMWare Workstation 6: Installer hang

Op 03-05-2007 om 18:59 schreef Frans Pop:

> I can imagine that formal reaction, but OTOH this seems like a general
> kernel incompatibility which they should care about.
> You can be fairly sure that it is _not_ something Debian specific that is
> causing the problem.

Some years ago did get[1] the debian-installer team some VMware licenses.
Have we, d-i team, still contact with the accountmanager from VMware inc.?
If yes, that communication channel could/should be used to tell VMware
"Hi,
 there seems a general kernel incompatibility,
 please take care about it"

 <snip/>

> Cheers,
> FJP