Re: About console-setup in d-i

On Tue, May 01, 2007 at 07:01:35PM +0200, Christian Perrier wrote:
> Quoting Anton Zinoviev (anton@lml.bas.bg):
> > On Tue, May 01, 2007 at 02:29:10PM +0200, Christian Perrier wrote:
> > >
> > > Well, that would have needed a plan, which didn't really happen. The
> > > manpower for console handling in D-I is very scarce.
> >
> > The patch is attached.  It activates console-setup for the non-Latin
> > languages as well as for some Latin.  I suppose there are more Latin
>
> I suggest we first activate c-s for only one language. Which one do
> you suggest? Bulgarian would be fine as you could test stuff..:-)

Unfortunately I won't be able to make test installations any time
soon...  I can only test that 'apt-get install console-setup' works in
various environments, locales and debconf priority and it seams to
work.

If you want you can try how it works for French and tell if the
questions console-setup asks and more importantly are ok.  When (if)
the udebs of console-setup replace kbd-chooser these questions will be
the only asked keyboard-related questions by the installer.

> Armenian and Amharic are under work (slow for Amharic and in the new
> language process for Armenian). Is there a console font for Armenian?

I think Armenian is fully supported by console-setup as well as
Georgian, Lao and Thai.  The Armenian console fonts are
/usr/share/consolefonts/Armenian-Fixed{13,14,15,16,18}.psf.gz

Anton Zinoviev