Re: A small udeb contribution from an arm-chair developer

Stephen Frazier wrote:
It would appear that Michael Peek works in an environment like mine. Both windows and Debian machines on the same network. The DHCP server belongs to the windows support people and they don't know how to set it up for both windows and Debian.

Bingo!

What I have done is to create a floppy with a lot of little files containing my network definitions and some other configuration information. When I set up a Debian machine I place the Debian CD and the floppy in the machine. Boot the installer and enter "install file=/floppy/name" where name is the file containing the network configuration for this machine. It looks like I could set up CD with Michael's udeb that I could boot from and have it select the right file to do the install. I hope to try this sometime. His udeb could be a useful addition to Debian.

You're more than welcome to.  I'll answer all the questions I can.

http://www.tiem.utk.edu/~peek/debian/

This contains both compiled udebs and the source.

Michael