Re: Etch netinstaller has no eth0 in qemu

On Sunday 04 March 2007 08:47, Uwe Dippel wrote:
> Now I think to stick with it, install it, change the sources.list. It
> should result in just the same Etch, right ?

No, not quite. For example, the system will still be using legacy
encodings while a newly installer system will use UTF-8. Eddy pointed out
another difference and there are probably more.
In essence though, the same packages will be the same and thus generally
speaking the system will functionally be the same.