Re: auto=true automatic network configuration

Op 23-01-2007 om 21:41 schreef Geert Stappers:

> Hello,
>
> With the boot parameter 'auto=true' gets d-i a preseed file
> as soon as possible. I'm happy with that. It makes handsfree install
> much easier. Now you can just type "auto[enter]" and language
> and keyboad come from the preseed file ( _so_ no extra boot parameters )
>
> On second thought I'm not so happy. I mis the network configuration.
> There were no confirm questions about the hostname and network name.
>
> Is that behaviour the behaviour of the file preseed file?

  Is that behaviour due the "auto preseed file"?

> Geert Stappers
> Only familiar with network preseeding

Reason for my posting is "network preseeding static network configuration".
So servers and other non DHCP clients can get also handsfree installed.

It that possible with the "auto" bootparameter?

Cheers
Geert Stappers