RE: Filesystem type survives formatting in debian installer?

> Looking for the signatures seem superflous,
I was suggesting that because of the metion previously in the discussion that some systems apprently didn't like it being zero'd out, only nuking known problem partition signatures would be much less likely to cause other issues than nuking anything in that space.

> Feel free to file a wishlist bug report on partman and I'll take a look at
> it post-Etch.
if this isn't going to be fixed for etch it imo needs to at least be documented in the release notes so people can sort it out manually.