[Fwd: Re: [Fwd: Re: ppp-udeb testers needed (custom image perpared)]]

- -------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: ppp-udeb testers needed (custom image perpared)]
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 15:29:05 +0800
From: Leszek Koltunski <leszek@3miasto.net>
To: Eddy Petrișor <eddy.petrisor@gmail.com>

I have tested with the new image. I installed the base system.

No issues whatsoever, (un?)fortunately I couldn't even reproduce the 'weird
renumbering of ethernet cards' or 'cannot detect the concentrator' problems
despite trying some 10 times.

It survived pulling the ethernet cables and giving it bad passwords. 'lo'
configured correctly. /etc/hosts looks good to me. In short - full success.

L.

On Thu, 25 Jan 2007 01:37:54 +0200
Eddy Petrișor <eddy.petrisor@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Thanks for the tests you made! They were really helpful.
>
> I have prepared another image and I would be grateful if you'd try to test
> this new image (see link below).
>
> The issues about login you mentioned about should be gone.
>
> OTOH, the renumbering of the interfaces is not ppp-udeb's fault since no
> rmmod-ing is done inside ppp-udeb. I suspect this is an issue with udev or
> something else in the d-i environment (I know there were some issues with udev
> and multiple Ethernet cards, but I not sure this is related).
>
> The non-detection of concentrator issue is one that I saw also, but I have
> seen it with rp-pppoe, so I think is protocol issue or something related to
> the pppoe plugin.
>

> So, in conclusion, I would appreciate a new round of tests with the new image:
>
> http://users.alioth.debian.org/~eddyp-guest/ppp-2.4.4rel-5/mini-with-ppp-udeb-20070124-1.iso
>

> Of course, feedback is expected, be it good or bad (hopefully none of that
> will happen ;-) ).

Regards,
EddyP