Re: ppp-udeb testers needed (custom image perpared)

Hello !

Ups, i did it again. The new image works.

>- - in D-I environment
>  * bad/good login should be detected (good logins are silent)
Well, sort of. My provider even lets me log in with a wrong password and
redirects all http to some error message then. The installer doesn't notice
until the configuration of the mirror and gives error messages about
unavaliable mirror servers then.  This is of course notexactly a ppp-udeb
error, but maybe such behavior should be mentioned in the manual ?

>  * transitory problems when trying to do the inital connection (cable
>unplugged or PPPoE server down) should be detected
Sorry. I forgot to test that.

>- - in the installed system:
>  * target system boots fine with the PPPoE connection set up correctly
Yes. Works as expected.

>  * hosts file and hostname are set correctly
Yes. BTW what about the domainname ?

>  * permissions are set correctly on the network configuration files and the
> ppp configuration files (an output of "ls -lR /etc/ppp" in the target would
> be appreciated)
-rw------- 1 root root    56 2006-12-09 17:33 pap-secrets
-rw------- 1 root root    56 2006-12-09 17:33 chap-secrets
-rw-r----- 1 root dip     8 2006-11-20 01:10 kppp-options

All other files are world readable  :
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1369 2007-01-24 21:22 provider

>  * lo interface is configured correctly
Yes.

kind regards
Tammo Block