Re: Comments/questions on the debian-installer / d-i manual

Hi Holger,

On Sunday 03 December 2006 00:26, Holger Wansing wrote:
> 1.	d-i
> on the initial d-i boot screen -> page F1 is mentioned,
> that minimal 24MB are needed to use the installer.
> There should be a note for the use of the graphical installer,
> too (You need 24MB to use the text-based installer or xxxMB,
> to use the new graphical installer (gui)).

The graphical installer is not yet really documented at all in the manual.
The question if the limit for the graphical installer should be mentioned
on the F1 help screen has already been discussed in another thread.

> 2.	d-i manual
> in administrivia/administrivia.xml there two times the
> distribution codename "Sarge" hardcoded.
> 	-> change to Etch or to entity?

No, as it refers to the history of the current installation guide.

> 3.	d-i manual
> I have a question related to preseeding.
>
> Who is the "owner of the variable"? I could translate this
> "as is", but I would recommend to explain this a lot.

I've added a footnote clarifying this.

Cheers,
FJP