Re: Corrupt dpkg database? No kernels found

Hi Frans

On Dec 3, 3:30 pm, Frans Pop <elen...@planet.nl> wrote:
> On Sunday 26 November 2006 11:56, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
>
> > I just got an error during the installation because no kernel was
> > found.  syslog complained about missing dependencies and advised that
> > "apt-get -f install" should be run.  I entered the target and issues
> > that command but apt-get segfaulted.
>Has a proper bug report to track this issue been filed now?

It looks (to me) like a corrupt pkgcache.bin file is being created when
apt is first setup during the install [1]. So, here is a wild, probably
not very well thought out idea. Since this problem has only started
occurring recently, has something changed in the installation sequence
that would cause apt to behave in this way, i.e. is it possible that
the installer is abusing apt in some way ?

I suspect the answer is no, but I thought that I'd ask anyway.

Gordon

[1] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=401263;msg=70