Re: No prep kernels in daily installer images?

Hi,

[del]
>I'll post a summary as soon as the install finishes and I have time to get
>back to the box, which won't be before tomorrow evening,
[del]

As expected, the installer failed at the same point as on Svens
PowerstackII, it did not found an installable kernel. Following the
workarounds as posted, I transferred (via wget, which was already
installed) the mkvmlinuz from unstable and failed to install it,
as it required an installed binutils - which wasn't there.
Guess this came from my choice to do a minmal install, I de-selected
"standard".

Anyway, next I'll test the offical images for the PowerstackII and try to
fix the Powerstack I.

But I noticed another thing, which seems not to be listed as bug -
or I haven't found it in the BTS: my network setup requires the use
of a HTTP-proxy, which worked well during the base install.
Then, I got error messages that the selected mirror wasn't reachable
and package selection failed.

The last proxied pulls were:

Dec  3 22:50:56 arbas micro_proxy: proxying http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/dis
ts/etch/Release.gpg
Dec  3 22:50:57 arbas micro_proxy: proxying http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/dis
ts/etch/Release
Dec  3 22:50:58 arbas micro_proxy: proxying http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/dis
ts/etch/main/binary-powerpc/Packages.diff/Index
Dec  3 22:51:16 arbas micro_proxy: proxying http://security.debian.org/dists/et
ch/updates/Release.gpg
Dec  3 22:51:21 arbas micro_proxy: proxying http://security.debian.org/dists/et
ch/updates/Release
Dec  3 22:51:25 arbas micro_proxy: proxying http://security.debian.org/dists/et
ch/updates/main/binary-powerpc/Packages.gz

The security updates source selection step failed with the same error
message.

Should I file this as bug, as there is something missing in the logs,
suggesting that it had been pulled without the proxy being used? Or is
it expected behaviour as I installed from the daily build of December 1st?

TIA,
Uli
--
Dipl. Inf. Ulrich Teichert|e-mail: Ulrich.Teichert@gmx.de
Stormweg 24               |listening to: Cauchemar (Opération S)