Boot floppies of RC1 broken for VAIO laptop

Hello,

I just tried to boot a vaio laptop (z505je) with the etch boot floppies. While
it worked well with sarge floppies, I get with the RC1 boot floppy (the same
with the latest daily build):

Floppy drive(s): fd0 is 1.44 M
floppy0: no floppy controllers found
Cannot load floppy module
Giving up!

The z505 comes with an USB floppy.

When booting the sarge boot floppies, I get

With the sarge boot disks it looks pretty similar

floppy0: no floppy controllers found
insmod: init_module: floppy: No such device
modprobe: failed to load module floppy

But then sarge starts probing usb and the boot/root process works, whereas
etch gives up(!)

I am wondering, if I just missed a boot parm in the etch install process...

Thanks,
Rainer

--
Rainer Dorsch