Re: Re: Update on Installation Error on Dell PE 2650

Hi Peter,

On Tuesday 14 November 2006 01:09, Peter Skogström wrote:
<snip>
> I dont think You can install sarge with d-i from etch. Try this instead:
> 1. Use your sarge netinstall.iso and then add backports.org and use that
> grub. Is the same thats in etch just backported,
> (If your are allowed that is)
Yes that's allowed but unfortunately it's not working.
i used  grub_0.97-16.1~bpo.1_i386.deb from backports.org
but same error.
maybe the problem is the grub-installer_x.xx.udeb. just a guess

> 2. Install lilo and after restart try to install grub again. I once
> couldnt autoinstall with grub but solved it with autoinstalling lilo and
> then after restart did replace with grub.
i start a script from inside the preseed file, which handles drbd devices,
reads menu.lst from /target and some other stuff .
If i could avoid to change the file that would be nice

regards alex