Re: Debian Installer etch RC1 released

Hi Frans,

On Tuesday 14 November 2006 05:19, Frans Pop wrote:
> The Debian Installer team is proud to announce the first release candidate
> (RC1) of the installer for Debian GNU/Linux Etch.

Cheers!

> Improvements in this release of the installer include:
>   * Improved support for fully automated installations [1].

Could you try to come up with a slighty different wording for this feature in
future? It is very close to "fully automatic installations", which is FAI, as
you know, and I fear this will confuse users? maybe "completly automated
installation" would be fine as well?

> Our thanks to everybody who has contributed to this release. Special
> thanks to Sylvain Ferriol for his work on 2.6 based installation floppies
> for i386.

Previously you wrote that this might be desireable to switch ppc to this too,
what's your take on this now?

The pre-rc1 daily floppies booted on my oldworld g3, but the root floppy
failed with "Ramdisk: Compressed image found at block 0\nNo filesystem could
mount root, tried cramfs\nKernel panic - not syncing VFS unable to mount root
fs on unknown-block (1,0)".

I will (hopefully, $work$ is taking most of my time atm) redo my powerpc test
this week(end) and then immediatly send bug reports this time. On my newworld
g3 imac, d-i and g-i worked pretty well with only some minor issues, some not
even d-i related.

regards,
	Holger