Re: Draft release notes and errata for RC1 - please comment

On Mon, Nov 13, 2006 at 09:42:00AM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 11, 2006 at 10:28:57AM +0100, Frans Pop wrote:
> > Thanks for all the comments received so far.
> >
> > New draft versions of the release notes and errata for RC1 are available
> > at:
> > - http://people.debian.org/~fjp/d-i/RC1_release-notes_DRAFT.html
>
> The link to the errata is dead :
> http://people.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/errata
>
> buti guess this will be solved in the final version, right ?
>
> > - http://people.debian.org/~fjp/d-i/RC1_errata_DRAFT.html
>
> powerpc: various issues
>
> I wonder what is the sense in keeping this "various issues" wording. Just
> remove it and put the below line there.
>
>     The PowerPC port has several issues in this release:
>
>             * installation from floppy on OldWorld PowerPC is broken because
> 	     no device node is created for the swim3 module and as miboot is
> 	     not included
>
> You did not take into account my comments, there is no such thing as an
> "OldWorld PowerPC". The correct name is "oldworld powermac". Please try to be
> exact.
>
> You can add :
>
>   * IBM pseries on serial port : finish-install does not set the /etc/inittab
>     serial console. You need to edit /etc/inittab and set your serial console
>     by hand. (See #394970 for details).
>
>   * Apple G5 fan will go into full speed mode.
>     (See #392921, #394971 and #394972 for details).

Oh, and :

    * RAID installation is broken with macintosh partition tables.
      (See #397973 and #392767 for details)

    * PReP unsupported for RC1 due to missing support in the 2.6.17 kernel.
      Support is present in 2.6.18 as a separate -prep flavour.

Friendly,

Sven Luther