Re: Draft release notes and errata for RC1 - please comment

On Sat, Nov 11, 2006 at 10:28:57AM +0100, Frans Pop wrote:
> Thanks for all the comments received so far.
>
> New draft versions of the release notes and errata for RC1 are available
> at:
> - http://people.debian.org/~fjp/d-i/RC1_release-notes_DRAFT.html

The link to the errata is dead :
http://people.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/errata

buti guess this will be solved in the final version, right ?

> - http://people.debian.org/~fjp/d-i/RC1_errata_DRAFT.html

powerpc: various issues

I wonder what is the sense in keeping this "various issues" wording. Just
remove it and put the below line there.

    The PowerPC port has several issues in this release:

            * installation from floppy on OldWorld PowerPC is broken because
	     no device node is created for the swim3 module and as miboot is
	     not included

You did not take into account my comments, there is no such thing as an
"OldWorld PowerPC". The correct name is "oldworld powermac". Please try to be
exact.

You can add :

  * IBM pseries on serial port : finish-install does not set the /etc/inittab
    serial console. You need to edit /etc/inittab and set your serial console
    by hand. (See #394970 for details).

  * Apple G5 fan will go into full speed mode.
    (See #392921, #394971 and #394972 for details).

Friendly,

Sven Luther