Re: Draft release notes and errata for RC1 - please comment

On Fri, Nov 10, 2006 at 02:10:29PM +0100, Frans Pop wrote:
> Draft versions of the release notes and errata for RC1 are available at:
> - http://people.debian.org/~fjp/d-i/RC1_release-notes_DRAFT.html
> - http://people.debian.org/~fjp/d-i/RC1_errata_DRAFT.html

> Comments welcome.

Please add:

alpha:
  VGA console on TITAN- and TSUNAMI-class systems is not supported.  This is
  expected to be fixed for RC2.
  auto-configuring keyboard settings from SRM does not work.
  installation on systems running AlphaBIOS is not supported.

On this last point, I've been discussing with Jay Estabrook at HP, who
thinks it would be useful for Debian to support a MILO-bootable kernel image
on our install media even though we aren't shipping MILO itself.  The
appropriately-configured kernel image exists in our archive as
linux-image-2.6.18-2-alpha-legacy; is there time in between RC1 and RC2 for
me to throw this flavor together for d-i and get it included on the CDs?

Cheers,