Re: Re: Draft release notes and errata for RC1 - please comment

- http://people.debian.org/~fjp/d-i/RC1_errata_DRAFT.html

 - You say : Airport Extreme driver is reported to be broken in 2.6.16 (#358833)

   This strikes me at odd, we have no had 2.6.16 kernels since age, and the
   airport extreme (bcm43xx or something such) driver has been rumored to be
   fixed in 2.6.18-3 or something such, and now working well. I have no such
   hardware to confirm, but the return of the bug reporters seemed to indicate
   such.

   In fact, the bug report quoted says (on june 2006) :

   "bcm43xx and softmac-snapshot got removed now. Please use 2.6.17 which
   has a far newer and bugfixes version of both merged in anyway."

   So please drop this one.

You're right, AirportExtreme works with 2.6.17 and .18.

Friendly,
--
Eugen Dedu