Re: Regarding Debian G-I Customisation

Eddy Petrișor wrote:

Chandan M. C. wrote:

Hi,

This is Chandan from India ..Iam working on building a debian custom cd
with G-I ..... I want to customize the installer with my own images .. I
want to replace header (Upper bar-image) with my own image ..and Few other
things I need to do ..

Nice

Can U please help me in doing the customisation of D-I ..How do I do that
.and after doing customisation do I need to build debian installer again
. How do I do that ...

If the changes you do affect the initrd image (like the banner change
which needs a new rootgtk udeb) then you HAVE to rebuild the installer.
If you change udebs which are not part of the initrd, then you can just
make a new CD image which contains the new udeb (see the wiki[1][2])

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/CustomImages
[2] http://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/Modify/CD

more specifically, all PNGs (banners, icons) are from rootskel.gtk package.
HAck it, rebuild, put into localdebs and rebuild iso.

cheers

Attilio