Re: Creating a bootable CD for a RS/6000 PReP machine

--- Attilio Fiandrotti <attilio.fiandrotti@gmail.com> wrote:

> Why don't you try netbooting? this should work, even if i never
> tested
> this myself.
> When i installaed woody on my 43p/140 some years ago i used floppies
> and
> a serial console: i guess this should work for sarge (and etch?) too.

Hi Attilio,

I'd prefer to avoid booting from floppies if I can, they are just so
darned unreliable! If I am unable to boot the installer from CD, I just
might have to try floppies.

Another option would be to try and boot from the hard-disk directly by
downloading all the d-i installer files but I couldn't find
instructions on how to do this.

Thanks!

(http://voice.yahoo.com)