Re: [Debian Installer] General release plan for RC1

(Please always delete text from the mail you reply to that is not relevant
for your reply. And please limit such a discussion to only the relevant
mailing list, i.e. d-boot; AFAIK Loïc reads d-boot, so not CC'ing him.)

On Sunday 08 October 2006 20:33, Attilio Fiandrotti wrote:
> In the latter case, we should perform a from scratch backport of the
> gtkdfb backend found in current GTK 2.10 CVS to 2.8.20.
> In the case a clean backport should be overcomplicated (i failed in
> this some weeks ago), would this be a valid reason to switch to a clean
> GTK 2.10.x set of libs for the d-i only?

No, this is not an option. The _only_ option we have now that the GNOME
team have made their decision is to use 2.8.x.
That is exactly why I wrote that paragraph.

Great news that there is progress.