Re: Dictionaries-common prompts users FIVE times during a default French desktop install

On Wed, Oct 04, 2006 at 01:56:45PM -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
> Agustin Martin wrote:
> > I suppose this also means that all packages not having special
> > pre-dependencies are configured at the end. Otherwise if all ispell dicts are
> > configured and a reasonable default selected, if another dict is configured
> > before the good option is unpacked, things will fail because postinst cannot
> > set default ispell dict symlink. Same problem might appear with other shared
> > questions.
>
> The debconf manual documents how to use config scripts for shared
> questions to ensure that only one is asked, which happens before any
> packages are installed. I don't know if dict currently uses this method
> although IIRC it used to.

It does use it,

After forcing purge of ispell dicts, wordlists and dictionaries-common
support, and reinstalling again with a large number of ispell dicts and
wordlists from a single run,

  dictionaries-common dictionaries-common-dev iamerican ibrazilian ibritish
  ibulgarian icatalan idutch iesperanto ifaroese ifinnish ifrench-gut
  igalician-minimos iitalian ingerman inorwegian ipolish irussian ispanish
  ispell iswiss itagalog spell wamerican wamerican-large wbritish wfaroese
  wgalician-minimos wspanish

I am prompted just once for ispell dicts and once for wordlists, as
expected. Not at all new prompts for every new package.

--
Agustin