Re: Installer omits dir_index feature when creating ext3 filesystems

On Sunday 01 October 2006 16:39, Hans Kratz wrote:
> I installed Debian Testing using the "Debian Installer etch beta 3"
> netinst i386 image. The install went fine but ext3 filesystems created
> by the installer did not have the same features as partitions created
> with mke2fs -j afterwards. In particular the created filesystems were
> missing dir_index.

I've just committed a patch that changes the way partman formats ext3
partitions. It will now honour the defaults in /etc/mke2fs.conf.

Note that the new version needs to be uploaded before this will actually
take effect.

Cheers,
FJP