Re: Dictionaries-common prompts users FIVE times during a default French desktop install

On Tue, Oct 03, 2006 at 01:56:48PM -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
> Agustin Martin wrote:
> > Seems that lang tasks are processed as independent processes, not merged
> > into a global install (along with dictionaries-comon, if required), and that
> > is the reason for the multiple calls.
>
> tasksel installs all selected tasks with a single aptitude run. Of
> course, aptitude may choose to call dpkg multiple times to install
> everything but everything should at least be preconfigured
> in one pass already.

This is the behavior I expected.

I suppose this also means that all packages not having special
pre-dependencies are configured at the end. Otherwise if all ispell dicts are
configured and a reasonable default selected, if another dict is configured
before the good option is unpacked, things will fail because postinst cannot
set default ispell dict symlink. Same problem might appear with other shared
questions.

> > May be because tasks were installed in other way at that time, and french
> > dict was present for the first global dicts installation along with
> > dictionaries-common. dictionaries-common code is mostly the same than in
> > sarge,
>
> This has not changed in tasksel in a very long time.

Thanks for the feedback, Joey. Unfortunately things behaving as I expected
means I have no idea about what is happening.

--
Agustin