Re: Dictionaries-common prompts users FIVE times during a default French desktop install

On Tuesday 03 October 2006 07:16, Christian Perrier wrote:
> While testing D-I with the install of the desktop task in French
> language, I have noticed that there are several successive prompts for
> dictionaries settings:
>
> -first choose between American English and "handle symlinks youself"
> -then choose between American English, "francais" and "handle symlinks
> youself"
> -then choose between "francais", "francais GUTenberg" and "handle
> symlinks youself"
> -then choose between "ameriucan English", "francais", "francais
> GUTenberg" and "handle symlinks youself"
> -finally  choose between "american English", "british", "francais",
> "francais GUTenberg" and "handle symlinks youself"

I have been seeing the same for a _long_ time now even with a basic
English installation. I reported this in my mail to d-i18n [1].

Note that this has nothing to do with localization-config as that is
currently _not used_ during installations.

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-i18n/2006/09/msg00234.html