Re: Etch's partman-auto broken?

David Härdeman wrote:

On Fri, Sep 29, 2006 at 12:46:23PM -0400, Michael S. Peek wrote:

Either I've done something stupid again or partman-auto isn't working in the latest daily build of etch.

What am I missing?

The preseeding strings for partman-auto changed some weeks ago.

In essence, you now need:
d-i partman-auto/method...
d-i partman-auto/disk...

(http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/manual/en.i386/apbs04.html#preseed-partman)

By the way, you didn't mention in which way it failed...did it do nothing? Blow up? Presented an error message? Danced merrily around the room?

Thanks for the info and the link, I added a partman-auto/method entry to my preseed files and it worked like a charm!

Partman-auto never ran, it just went straight into partman-base where it prompted me for answers.

Thanks for your help!

Michael Peek