Re: miboot net-install floppies too big

On Wed, Sep 27, 2006 at 02:08:40PM +0000, rob rob wrote:
> Hi,
> I thought network boot doesn't work for old world macs. At least that's
> what the debian instruction manual says. If it does work, maybe you can
> explain the process and I can maybe do a little rewrite for the manual. As
> for the floppies, really all I can offer is to test the stuff out. so I
> pick number 4. As for offending people, that seems to be pretty easy... So
> who is "the person"?
> Rob

Basically, you need the .coff image, a oldworld-OF supported network card, and
probably a serial console to access the firmware in the first place.

This has not been done in ages, and the current d-i builds don't supoprt that
though, and different oldworld hardware have different level of support or
breakage for such netbooting, so, YMMV.

Friendly,

Sven Luther