Installer omits dir_index feature when creating ext3 filesystems

Hi!

I installed Debian Testing using the "Debian Installer etch beta 3"
netinst i386 image. The install went fine but ext3 filesystems created
by the installer did not have the same features as partitions created
with mke2fs -j afterwards. In particular the created filesystems were
missing dir_index.

Ext3 filesystems created from within etch honor /etc/mke2fs.conf which
specifies "sparse_super,filetype,resize_inode,dir_index" as default
features.

Is this behavior intended?

Please cc me on replies. I am not subscribed to debian-boot.

-- Hans

--
Hans Kratz