Re: allow people to learn

Op 01-10-2006 om 14:40 schreef **** ****:
> On Sun, Oct 01, 2006 at 12:34:30PM +0200, **** **** wrote:
> > tags 382628 + pending
> > thanks
> >
> > I've now committed this patch too, with a few minor modifications:
> > - there were some changes in pkg-lists recently for powerpc (no more
> >   separate files for powerpc64);
> > - I've removed the "subarch" level in the config dir as ppc64 does
> >   not have any subarches.
> >
> > Please check that the current setup in SVN works.
> >
> > AFAIK patches from all bug reports requesting ppc64 support have now been
> > applied. Please let me know if we've forgotten something.
>
> Notice that cdrom64 and netboot64 have gone away (patch from me, commited by
> Colin Watson), and the powerpc64 flavours are now building from the main
> netboot/cdrom config options, but i guess you noticed that, and applied the
> patches from Andreas to the cdrom/netboot dirs.

I can see there are best intension with the previous E-mail,
but I can't see why it was posted.

The thing I would like to see is that we allow people to learn.
That means give them room/space to do something. They can read/fetch
sources and rebuild. If they build something that doesn't work,
they will ask why and at some point they will ask the ML why it doesn't
work.

That is the point where we _can help_ learning.

Trying to help sooner is wrong.

My request is to help when actual help is asked.

Thank you
Geert Stappers