Re: [directfb-dev] [g-i] Issues with directfb input devices handling

(Attilio: Please forward this mail to the directfb list again.)

On Saturday 30 September 2006 21:01, Attilio Fiandrotti wrote:
> To summarize, if no one talks against this, i plan to do the following
> things tomorrow
>
> * Open a bug against rootskel-gtk, asking for linux_input
> disabilitation on PPC boxes, providing a list of boxes (currently only
> one) where that module has *not* to be disabled.

I've seen Denis say that this is not the optimal way to proceed.
For me the test results for powerpc only confirm that g-i support for
powerpc should continue to be considered experimental for Etch.

> * Open a bug against directfb package, asking for removal of gfxdrivers
> from directfb-udeb

I have no real opinion on this. Please go ahead.

> * Open a bug against directfb package, asking to add dfbinfo to
> directfb-udeb

I've just taken a look at the output of this tool and, to be honest, I'm
somewhat disappointed at the info it provides: it does not even identify
the framebuffer device/driver used. The only really useful info seems to
be the input devices and to use up 10k just for that seems excessive.

> * Open a bug against rootskel-gtk, asking for inclusion of GTK Bladr
> theme (which i recently stripped down to ~100 KB)

That is not really needed, it is planned already, but I'm waiting for a
new version of fontconfig.
That said, a bug report with the cleaned up version would be useful for
future reference. Did you also strip down the configuration file for the
theme?

Cheers,
FJP

This is the output of dfbinfo when run inside g-i in vmware:
Screen (00) FBDev Primary Screen            (primary screen)
   Caps: VSYNC POWER_MANAGEMENT

     Layer (00) FBDev Primary Layer             (primary layer)
        Type:    GRAPHICS
        Caps:    SURFACE BRIGHTNESS CONTRAST SATURATION

Input (00) AT Translated Set 2 keyboard    (primary keyboard)
   Type: KEYBOARD
   Caps: KEYS

Input (01) ImPS/2 Generic Wheel Mouse      (primary mouse)
   Type: MOUSE
   Caps: AXES BUTTONS
   Max. Axis: 2
   Max. Button: 2