Re: grub2 on powerpc

Robert Millan <rmh@aybabtu.com> writes:

> As you might know, experimental grub2 support has been added to d-i
> when using the expert mode, but it is only yet available on
> i386/amd64.

I think powerpc support might be a bit premature.  The powerpc code
upstream is a bit lagging compared with i386/amd64, and depends on
tools not in Debian.  For example, changed to the i386 shell scripts
have not been made to the corresponding powerpc scripts; this really
needs to be made into common code, to avoid this needless effort.  The
same also applies to some of the C source.  It's not a great deal of
work to fix these issues, but I am currently lacking sufficient time
to do it myself.

This may be outdated though--I haven't checked out grub2 for a couple
of months, so it may have already been rectified.

Regards,
Roger

--
  .''`.  Roger Leigh