Re: New cdebconf facility allowing simpler translated choices

On Thu, Sep 14, 2006 at 07:52:35AM +0200, Denis Barbier wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 11, 2006 at 06:39:41PM +0100, Colin Watson wrote:
> > I've added this feature to cdebconf in trunk:
> >
> >   * Allow Choices-C to be listed separately from Choices (etc.) in templates
> >     files. This lets you say "Choices: ${CHOICES-TRANS}" and "Choices-C:
> >     ${CHOICES}" to substitute reliably into translated and untranslated
> >     templates without having to ensure that ${CHOICES-TRANS} is translated
> >     to the same thing in every language.
>
> This is really great, but I find that the -C suffix is confusing, because this
> is not what is displayed in a C locale.  Could it be replaced by -internal?

It probably should be what is displayed in a C locale, at least in the
installer. I think that's a bug. Do you agree?

-C is already exposed in the METAGET interface (with the same meaning)
and used by production code, so I think this may be rather difficult to
change without suffering inconsistency. I suppose -internal could be
made an alias ...