Re: powerpc d-i daily ISOs are back but broken. (was: one week out of date. )

On Wed, Sep 13, 2006 at 09:44:02PM -0400, Rick Thomas wrote:

> On Sep 12, 2006, at 3:06 AM, Rick Thomas wrote:
>
> >The files in
> >http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/daily-builds/daily/arch-latest/
> >powerpc/iso-cd/
> >date from September 4th.
> >
> >Just incase nobody's noticed...
>
> Well... Now the files there are from September 13th, but the
> businesscard ISO fails with messages:
>
> Freeing unused kernel memory: 176k init
> /init: exec: 23: /linuxrc: not found
> Kernel panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill init!
> <0>Rebooting in 180 seconds...
>
> Maybe something wrong with the initrd?  Or the new 2.6.17 kernel?
>
>  I didn't try the netinst ISO -- I assume it has the same problem...

/me wonders who is in charge of this breakage right now ? It seems rather
clear that there is still nobody really giving the powerpc d-i the attention
it needed, despite Frans promise to the contrary when he kicked me out of d-i.

It is clear that the new powerpc port leaders, under the responsability of
Frans, is not doing any better than i did back then, and i was under
considerably more stress and had better reasons not to follow up on this, so
this is another reason why the unjust handling of me back in april is not
waranted, and should be reverted ASAP.

Friendly,

Sven Luther