Re: non-free firmware and d-i

On Tue, Sep 05, 2006 at 11:35:25AM +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> Feedback is welcome.

Since the only feedback I received thus far was Goswin von Brederlow
saying he liked the idea, and since I didn't have much else to do today
(other than wait for a supplier...), I went ahead and wrote it. It's
committed to /people/wouter/customization-modules in d-i svn.

It hasn't been tested at all yet (hence the commit to /people rather
than /trunk), but this is mostly meant as a proof of concept anyway. I'm
particularly not very happy about the way I currently "look" for usb
storage devices (really all I'm doing is find any devices called
/dev/fd*, or anything which is situated under /dev/cdrom/ or /dev/discs)

Can people please have a look and comment? I'd like to avoid some
specific GR by making whatever is going to be voted upon moot ;-)

  -- #debian-devel, Freenode, 2004-09-22