Re: How to "recognize" that the install is a floppy install?

Christian Perrier wrote:
> Would anyone else have an idea ?
>
> Indeed, if not already existing, such a mechanism for D-I to always
> "know" which type of install it is running could have other uses....

We could add this to the /etc/lsb-release file in the installer. Just
tack on a field, like X_BOOT_METHOD=floppy.

I do think we should take care to only use this rarely. Making lots of
paths that are determined by boot type will make testing harder, and
help hide bugs.

--
see shy jo