Re: A couple of small udebs

Hello Michael,

On Friday 11 August 2006 17:18, Michael S. Peek wrote:
> My name is Michael Peek, and I've never contributed a darned thing...
> But I'd like to change that.  I've written a couple of small udebs that
> I find useful.  I'm wondering if they would be useful to anyone else.

First of all, thanks for your mail.
Unfortunately I, and apparently others too, do not have the time currently
to really look at your udebs and see if the would be useful for inclusion
in the installer somehow. However, it would be a pity to see them
completely lost and forgotten in the mailing list.

I think the best thing to do at this moment is to make the udebs (and
their source code!) available from a website you have access to and then
create a new page (probably DebianInstaller/Contributions or
DebianInstaller/3rdPartyUdebs) in the Debian Installer wiki [1] that
links to your udebs with a short explanation of their purpose and how to
use them.

Please also mention the version of the installer they were designed to
work with (probably Etch Beta 3?).

Having them on the wiki will also mean they will stay on our radar so we
can go back to them when there is more time.

Thanks again,
FJP

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller