Re: Installing elilo on MacMiniIntel fails

Hi,

> After electing elilo (GRUB/LILO were presented as alternatives) installing
> elilo stalled at 50%. I had accepted to install into the only presented
> partition (/dev/sda1, about 200 MB FAT32 partition, partman reported 3.1 kB
> free memory before.). This first partition was created my the Apple
> DiskUtility. /dev/sda6 where I installed the base system was formatted as an
> ext3 24 GB FS using the Debian installer.

try running gptsync.  Then installing lilo to partition / grub to partition
shoud work.

They are looking at FAT tables, not GPT, so you need to clone the data
from GPT to FAT, since parted will reset FAT (to the letter of EFI
spec).

see http://wiki.debian.org/MacBook, which seems to be the most
actively maintained out of all intel-mac related pages.  We should
probably start thinking about consolidating them.

regards,
	junichi
--
dancer@{debian.org,netfort.gr.jp}   Debian Project