Re: Installing elilo on MacMiniIntel fails

On Monday 07 August 2006 23:09, Niklaus Giger wrote:
> Switching to the Log (Alt-F3) showed the following messages:
> > Setting up elilo (3.6.2)
> > Couldn't load efivars module - is it statically linked?

We have now requested that this module be enabled in i386 kernels. It may
take a while before it is available in the installer though.
Suggest you keep an eye on these two bug reports for progress:
- http://bugs.debian.org/381951
- http://bugs.debian.org/381584

> Any hints would be appreciated. If the MacTel needs a tester, I might
> be willing to help out (let's say do at least one installation of a
> base system from CD once a week till etch is out or till the end of
> year whatever comes first), but I do not have the time to dwelve very
> deep.

That's a great offer. Thanks.

Could you do us a favor and report any new issues you find using an
installation report [1] instead of a mail to the list? That would enable
us to keep track of them better.

Cheers,
FJP

[1] http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/manual/en.i386/ch05s03.html#submit-bug