Erratic, unuseable mouse behaviour in g-i

Boot method: netinst
Image version: 22 Jul 06 daily build

Machine: Asus A7N8X Deluxe v1.xx
Processor: Athlon XP 2200+
Memory: 1GB
Mouse: Logitech MX 1000 (USB)
  (ID 046d:c50e Logitech, Inc. MX-1000 Cordless Mouse Receiver)

Comments/Problems:

When booting using 'installgui' it loads and displays fine, but the mouse is
unusable. The mouse is erratic on the screen, with a slight but constant
vibration. I have rough control over the vertical axis, but the cursor is
immovable horizontally (for me, it shakes left and right a good bit). When
using other GUI installers it works fine, but I believe all of them use X
instead of DirectFB. Is there some DirectFB testing I can do on an installed
workstation that would help? I can't imagine that this is a very unique
situation and would like to help see it get fixed for etch.

Thanks,
Joel Johnson