Re: Persistent network devices in Debian Installer

On Aug 06, Frans Pop <elendil@planet.nl> wrote:

> And it seems to me we may also be missing /lib/udev/net.agent.
If d-i does not have ifupdown then it's not needed.
(It should really live in the ifupdown package, but I have not been able
to persuade aj to take it...)

> I understand that persistent device naming is done by /etc/udev/rules.d/z*
> files. When I run an installation, I currently only find:
> - z20_persistent.rules
> - z55_hotplug.rules
> And not the z25_* that waldi expected to find there for networking.
>
> Could you please comment on this?
I have been very busy and did not have much time to work on udev in the
last weeks, but I am (slowly) working on an update package.
It would help if somebody could send a rough patch to add the missing
files and especially the code to copy z25_persistent-cd.rules and
z25_persistent-net.rules to the target system.

--
ciao,
Marco