Re: PowerPC miBoot floppy build is broken again

On Sat, Aug 05, 2006 at 07:59:09AM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> That said, in all those months i maintained the buildds (and i still recent
> the way i was summarily dismissed by frans, "thank you but we don't need you
> anymore, go away" right, he), the only problems i saw was with things like abi
> changes in libraries, the rest worked fine.

How about broken postinsts? I've seen a variety of issues coming from
that, including broken alternatives, wedged dpkg databases, initscripts
that are not properly restarted, and more.

While those issues are not fun in a chroot (but can be dealt with
there), I don't want to think about what could happen with them in the
system root. Granted, it doesn't happen all that often, but it's a bitch
when it does; and if it breaks while I'm doing a manual upgrade, at
least I can fix it right away.

--
Fun will now commence