Debian Installer Bug Sqashing Party - 11-13 August

(Reply-to set to debian-boot list.)

The weekend of 11-13 August has been dedicated to Debian Installer [1,2].

SkoleLinux has offered to host a real file BSP in Gütersloh (Germany) [3].
There are currently still two places available there; if you would like
to attend, please register in the wiki.

People not at the real life BSP are of course very welcome to participate.
Coordination as usual via #debian-bugs and also via #debian-boot, both on
irc.debian.org.

NOTE
It is *not* the intention that people upload NMUs for fixed bugs.
One reason for this is that it is currently not certain that Beta 3 will
have been released (although we certainly hope so); NMUs would severely
disturb the release process.
Another reason is that installer packages (udebs) are a bit more fragile
where it comes to dependencies than regular packages because of relaxed
policy requirements.
Also, there are few or no really release critical bugs to warrant NMUs.

You can really help us though by tracing problems and filing patches.

Please have a look through the open bugs for the installer and see if
there is anything you'd like to work on.
- List of open issues to resolve before the Sarge release (see last
  section "Post-Beta 3 development"):
  http://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/EtchBeta3Prep
- Bugs in packages maintained by the D-I team:
  http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=debian-boot@lists.debian.org
- Bugs in other packages that affect the installer:
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?tag=d-i&pend-exc=fixed&pend-exc=done

If you want to discuss something before the BSP, please contact the D-I
team on #debian-boot or debian-boot@lists.debian-org.

Some documents that may help you get started:
- http://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/Contrib
- http://people.debian.org/~fjp/talks/debconf6/paper/
- documents in installer/doc in SVN

Hope to see you during the BSP,
Frans Pop

P.S. The fact that the weekend is dedicated to the installer does of
course not mean that you cannot work on other packages during that
weekend. There're plenty of bugs out there!

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2006/05/msg00014.html
[2] http://wiki.debian.org/BSPMarathon
[3] http://wiki.skolelinux.de/BugSquashing2006