General question

Dear developers,

I would be pleased, if you could tell me your thoughts about some points,
which came in my mind.

1. In the past I discovered the project "FAI" by Thomas Lange and changed it
to the possibility to install not as Thomas` version Debian sarge, but Debian
etch (and sid,too). Everything worked just fine. So my idea was, to implement
this famous tool into the installer as an option, to get a fast installation
for newcomers.  I imagine it as a standard installation, where the newbie
will get a ready system, which he only has to fine tune.
What do you think, should this kind of option be integrated in the future ?

2.  Tasksel: To use of tasksel is very fine I think. But what I really miss is
the option to choose different profiles like: Desktop, Webserver, Mailserver,
Development etc. I saw an example on the Debian ct` server CD, which was
nice. I am not exprienced in programming, but if you would like to improve
this, I can offer you, to define the profiles and make a list, which of the
programs should be in what profile. Please let me know, if I can help you.

Please understand my intention: To install Debian is a peace of cake for me,
but for a very newcomer it should be as easy as it could be. A newcomer even
does not know, what is a partition (primary ????? logical ????) , he does not
know anything about IP or MBR.

The knowledge will appear later, when he has used Debian for a while.

Last but not least: Thank you for all your work !!!

Best regards

Hans