PowerMac 7200-platinumfb display problem

I am having a world of difficulty getting Debian to boot on my
powermac 7200 all because of the video driver/parameters used.
Although some months back (probably in February or so) I was able to
do an install, since about then the miboot floppy from
<http://people.debian.org/~luther/d-i/images/daily/powerpc/floppy/>
I've tried a few images over these months, and nearly all have
suffered the "screen blank after reading boot disk" problem -- as soon
as Linux engaged the framebuffer, the screen goes black. You can swap
floppies to the root image, hit enter and it will read (and presumably
continue) but it's a bit difficult to do an install without seeing the
screen.

http://people.debian.org/~wouter/d-i/powerpc-miboot/daily/
I tried this image today (27-Jul-2006) and suffered the same fate..

At the time of the successful install, I got around the problem with
the floppy drive not creating a device node by putting it there
manually with select mkdir/mknod commands.

Can anyone help out in this regard?
Is there a specific version that I can test with to help etch or
etch+1 debian installer?
Should I post a bug report?

Thanks,
Tomasz Grzegurzko