Re: ppp-udeb debconf translations and D-I "levels"

Quoting Marco d'Itri (md@Linux.IT):
> On Jul 15, Christian Perrier <bubulle@debian.org> wrote:
>
> > and, in agreement with the maintainer, is allowed to handle l10n bug
> > reports and commit fixes in the package's VCS repository.
> VCS are not an option since I have not found yet a way to make them
> deal in an useful way with DBS packages containing many patches.

I'm not sure I understand the rationale there but I guess these are
valid reasons. Another possibility would be someone (thinking about
Eddy here) who could act as a proxy between translators and
you...aviding numerous bug reports, at least in the early weeks.

> I also suggest you wait a couple of months before starting to translate
> ppp-udeb, this upload is just a first attempt and the strings will
> probably change again.

OK, then, but a "couple of months" brings us quite close from the
freeze of D-I...:-)

D-I Translators are used to moving targets and, given the work that
has been put in carefully writing the current strings, the change I
see is probably more additionnal strings, which is not that a big
deal.